How we Handle Your Data
3. Information Collected As part of the standard operation of the Site, information from your computer or mobile device, including, but not limited to, your browser type, operating system, IP address and the domain name from which you accessed the Site may automatically be collected and stored by the equipment of third parties that we have a relationship with for that purpose.
We process personal data in accordance with the law and as far as is reasonably possible in a transparent and fair manner. Our data processing activities are conducted:
1) with your consent;
2) in order to fulfil our obligations to you;
3) for the legitimate purposes of operating our business, or
4) otherwise in accordance with law.
The personal data that we collect may include: -
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Financial Information including credit card details.
- Cropping / Livestock Information
4. Uses and Disclosures of Information We will only share your personal data as follows: Sharing with service providers We may retain service providers to manage or support certain aspects of our business operations on our behalf. These service providers may be located in the UK or in other global locations and may provide services such as credit card processing and fraud management services, credit reference agencies, email service providers, data hosting, management or support of our site. Our service providers are required by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us and are prohibited from using the personal data for any purpose other than to perform the services as instructed by us. Compliance with law We may also share your personal data when we believe, in good faith, that we have an obligation to:
(i) respond to duly authorised information requests of law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and other public authorities.
(ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
(iii) investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activity;
(iv) enforce/protect our rights or
(v) protect the rights or personal safety of our employees, and third parties on or using our property when allowed.
5. Opting out You have the option of subscribing to communications from us related to our products or services. You can make or change your choices about receiving either subscription or general communications from us regarding these services by taking action as described in the communication. These options do not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering advice, contracts, support, or other administrative and transactional notices where the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature. Consequences of Not Providing Your Data You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, if this information is required for us to provide you with our services, we will not be able to offer some/all of our services without it.
6. Security We use reasonable security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Information under our control. Security measures include IT controls, mobile device management, staff training and physical controls. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. In addition, please note that emails, messages sent via your web browser, and other similar means of communication with other users, are not encrypted. We strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential or sensitive information through these means. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security. Please also be aware that we may use third-party cloud service providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that may be non-negotiable; these service providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general reputation for applying such measures. However, we will not be liable (to the fullest extent permitted by law) for any damages that may result from the misuse of any information, including Personal Information, by these companies.
8. CCTV Monitoring The Company may operates a CCTV surveillance system (“the system”) at its premises, with Images being monitored and recorded centrally. The system is owned and managed by the Company. The purpose for processing personal data through use of the system is crime prevention and/or our employee’s safety/security. This is further defined as: CCTV is used for maintaining public safety, the security of property and premises and for preventing and investigating crime, it may also be used to monitor staff when carrying out work duties. For these reasons the information processed may include visual images, personal appearance and behaviours. This information may be about staff, customers and suppliers (or their agents), offenders and suspected offenders and those inside, entering or in the immediate vicinity of the area under surveillance. Where necessary or required this information is shared with the data subjects themselves, employees and agents, services providers, police forces, court or tribunal, security organisations and persons making an enquiry.
9. Recruitment We do not accept speculative CV’s. If you use our Site for the purposes of finding work or send us your CV in response to an advertised job you are providing consent for us to use the your personal data for the purposes of our recruitment processes. Any CV received by the Company from an unsuccessful applicant will be deleted/destroyed 12 months from the date of receipt.
10. Your Rights. You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about: -
• What personal data we hold about you
• The purposes of the processing
• The categories of personal data concerned
• The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
• How long we intend to store your personal data for
• If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
11. Retention of Data We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your buying information (invoices), basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
12. Further information We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information please contact the Group Financial Controller. Alternatively you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Information Commissioners Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 1231113 (local rate) 01625 545745 (national rate) www.ico.org.uk